The Network & Its Projects
Slow Food is a global movement involving millions of people, in over 150 countries, with projects around the world:
- Over 2000 gardens in Africa that enable communities to choose what they cultivate and eat, supporting local economies.
- Over 4000 products on the Ark of Taste, our worldwide catalogue of traditional products at risk of extinction
- Over 500 Presidia projects that support the work of small-scale producers.
- 2000 food communities connected in our international Terra Madre network
- 1500 convivia (local groups) organizing activities at the local level around the world
- International events like Terra Madre Salone del Gusto, Slow Fish, Cheese and Slow Food Nations.
- A diverse range of food education initiatives for all ages
- Multiple campaigns on issues affecting our food system such as food waste, animal welfare, land grabbing, the politics of seeds and GMOs.
- And much much more…
Slow Food works on many levels, from local to global. For more information on social, economic and environmental of our projects, please read our annual Social Report.