On almost any day of the year you can find a Slow Food event taking place somewhere in the world – with our active network organizing events to promote good, clean and fair food, and celebrate local products and traditions.
Slow Food organizes a number of large international gatherings that bring together our network from around the world to share knowledge and experiences. These include:
- Cheese – dedicated to milk in all its shapes and forms, held every two years in Bra, Italy
- Indigenous Terra Madre – a meeting of representatives of indigenous communities and food producers from around the world. First held in Sweden in 2011.
- Terra Madre and Salone del Gusto – the global meeting of the Slow Food and Terra Madre network held every two years in Turin, Italy.
- Slow Food Asia Pacific Festival – a celebration of the food traditions of Asia and Oceania
- Slow Fish – a biennial event dedicated to sustainable and artisanal fishing, held every two years in Genoa, Italy.
- Slow Meat – a celebration of sustainable and traditional animal husbandry that is also a call to action for better meat production and consumption practices. Held in Denver, USA.
- Terra Madre Day – a celebration of local food with local-level events organized in communities around the globe every year on December 10.
In addition to the world meeting of food communities held every two years, the Terra Madre network organizes many local and regional meetings.